Statement of Intent
In this section we have added information about how we support, identify and assess children with SEND at Shield Row Primary. Please access this information from the page links below.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail contact the school to arrange an appointment.
Statement for Intent of Equality
At Shield Row Primary School we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their background or personal circumstances.
Our school is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
- To provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- To include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- To provide positive and non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- For our school to work closely with Looked After Children services for any child on role.
- To improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- To make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of school.
At Shield Row Primary School, we treat everyone Equally and Fairly regardless of…
Race and Nationality
Religion or Belief
We believe that all pupils have an equal right to develop and achieve their potential. Equality of opportunity underpins the school curriculum and the work in school.
This year Shield Row will be working to gain the ‘Educate and Celebrate’ recognition which aims to make our school LGBT friendly, creating a safe environment for staff, students, governors and parents to thrive.
Looked After Children
Provision for looked after children is managed within school with careful liaison with the Virtual School Service. Outcomes for their provision are linked to outcomes on their PEP plan and this is funded through the use of pupil premium expenditure.